Got a blog with decent number of posts and an inspiring design, yet the published posts are not ranking higher in the search results?
In competitive niches such as medical billing, finance etc. not only following the best practice for on-page optimization will allow you to rank higher in search results but your site also needs to have quality backlinks. Post Google Penguin algorithm update it’s all about quality not quantity.
Google keeps on updating its search ranking algorithm in order to make sure that the searchers may receive only quality results.
Definitely you would be searching around for backlink building strategies and might have come across wrong suggestion such as guest posting etc. Yes you read it correct, Wrong! Listen to what Google’s Matt Cutt says about Guest Blogging.
Read: Dos and Don’ts for Post Panda & Penguin Link Building (Publishing soon)
To help you get on the correct path for link building I’ve curated an ultimate list of more than 70 tips, strategies and tools that will help you improve your site’s search rankings. This list covers all the aspects of link building starting from basics to content marketing, case studies and strategies in an organized way.
Link Building Guides
These awesome guides published by Moz, Quick Sprout, Backlinko and Search Engine Watch covers almost all aspects of links building for beginners as well as experts.
- A-Z Guide of Link Building – Definitions & Terms by Search Engine Watch
- Beginner’s Link Building Guide by Moz
- Advanced Link Building Guide by Quick Sprout
- The Definitive Guide To Link Building by Backlinko
- Moz’s Noob Guide To Link Building
Strategies for Link Building
Although these are not recently published strategies but you will find the following strategies super awesome published by amazing people. These link building strategies were published with respect to post Google Panda and Penguin algorithm update.
- List of Link Building Strategies by Point Blank SEO
- 33 Quality Links & How you can actually Get Them by Justin Briggs
- 131 Link Building (Legitimate) Strategies by Search Engine Watch
Link Building Case Studies
These are some really interesting and out of the box case studies through which will enable you to create
- Harvesting Backlinks in Wikipedia & Generating Traffic out of it by Matthew Woodward
- Link Building for Niche Sites by Niche Pursuits
- Link Bait: The Easiest Way through Guest Authors by Kaiserthesage
- Guide of Building Links with Images by Kaiserthesage
- Moz’s 10 Golden Rules for attracting the Authority Links
- Link Building with the help of Local Events by Moz
- Moz Discovered 31 Link Building Tactics through Competitive Analysis
- Building Links With Video Content by Moz
- Moz’s Case Study that guides you on How To Build Links To Your Blog
- SEL’s Strategies for Building Links within Boring Industries or Products
- SEL Shows you How to get your Content Linked to from Top-Tier Sites
- Backlinko shares How actually you can get high quality backlinks without Guest Posting
- Ethical Wikipedia Link Building – A Tutorial by SEER Interactive
- Robbie Richards guides you on How To Steal Your Competitor’s Links, Rankings & Traffic
- 27 Experts Share Their Top Link Building Strategies by Backlinks
Best Link Building Strategies
In the following articles you can actually find really amazing strategies shared by the industry experts for building up quality backlinks for your site. These are mashups of case studies, discussions and experiences they earned.
- Moz shares the ultimate guide to advanced guest blogging
- The Hidden Power Of Nofollow Links by Moz
- How Linkable Assets Deliver 10x More Value Than Bad Linkbait by Moz
- 10 Super Easy SEO Copywriting Tips For Improved Link Building by Moz
- What Is A “Good Link Profile” & How Do You Get One? by Quick Sprout
- Why Content Marketing Is The New SEO by Quick Sprout
- The Back linking Strategy That Works – 2014 And Beyond by Smart Passive Income
- The Ultimate Guide To Leaving Comments On Blogs by ProBlogger
- Why PR Is More Important Than Ever For SEOs by State Of Digital
- The Power Of Syndicated Content In Your Content Marketing Efforts by SEJ
- Monitoring Your Brand – Unlinked Mentions by SEER Interactive
- 50+ Things Every Link Builder Needs To Know by SEL
- Link Building = Earning “Hard Links” Not “Easy Links” by SEL
- Can You Still Build Links Manually? by Ahrefs
- How I Increased My Search Traffic By 110% In 14 Days by Backlinko
Must follow: Link Building Blogs & Forums
You must be following blogs and forums in order to keep yourself update with the recent updates and changes occurring in major search engine in order to keep your search engine optimization strategies up-to-date.
- SEER Interactive
- Hugo Guzman
- Skyrocket SEO
- Paddy Moogan
- Triple SEO
- Ross Hudgens
- Justin Briggs
- Cucumber Nebula
- Search Engine Roundtable
- Point Blank SEO
- Quick Sprout University
- WebmasterWorld Forum
- Vertical Measures
- Digital Point Forum
Tools for Link Building
You’re done with the guides, strategies and case studies so now it’s time for the action; the following list of free and paid tool for link building, competitors backlinks analysis will get you started based on what you’ve extracted from the above listed resources.
Although you may not be requiring all the tools, however in my opinion you should try out all of these to be well aware of their functionalities.
Free Link Analysis Tools
- Backlink Watch – see backlinks of any webpage, good for competitor analysis.
- WebMeUp – analyze backlinks.
- Open Link Profiler – shows the most recent backlinks.
- Link Diagnosis – for competitor analysis.
- SERP Scraper – a free desktop software for link prospecting.
- Google Webmaster Tools – get insights about links pointing your website pages’ visibility on Google.
- Bing Webmaster Tools – get insights about links pointing your website pages’ visibility on Bing.
- SEO SpyGlass – a desktop tool to spy your competition.
- BuzzStream – makes link building simple and easier.
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider Tool – a desktop tool to SEO audit your website.
- Open Site Explorer – a search engine for links.
- Majestic SEO – shows inbound link and site summary data.
Premium Link Analysis Tools
- Ahrefs – this is the best tool in link building, you should try this out!
- SEMrush – a must have competitor analysis tool.
- Alexa – not only site’s ranking and performance but you can also quick browse through the links pointing to the site.
- Link Prospector – actually helps you identify the links that shall help improve your site’s ranking.
- Raven Tools
- Link Research Tools
- Ontolo – to improve your content marketing and link building campaigns.
- cognitiveSEO – a premium SEO tool.
- ScrapeBox – Best tool for link harvesting.
- Market Samurai – Good for keyword analysis.
- URL Profiler – desktop based software for content and link auditing.
Happy Link Building! 🙂