Displaying raw codes within WordPress is challenging thing for the bloggers who wish to blog about programming and wish to share the codes with their readers. WordPress by default interprets HTML & PHP codes in the pages or the posts. However, to overcome this problem Alex developed a plugin called SyntaxHighlighter Evolved. To download this plugin click here.
– Go to the dashboard of your WordPress blog and click on Plugin & select Add New”
– Either upload the zip folder downloaded through the link provided above or search by typing SyntaxHighlighter Evolved.
– Verify the plugin has a developer name Alex Mills, click install now.
– Once installed, it will ask for the activation so click on Activate Plugin.
– Go to the settings of the SyntaxHighlighter by clicking on to Settings > SyntaxHighlighter. Configure it according to your needs.
So all done. Now you would be able to display the programming codes within your WordPress posts. To display the code within your post you may need to place the code between these tags
your code here
Moreover, you would be able to find additional short code parameters at the bottom of the SyntaxHighlighter settings page.