There are three ways to change your username in WordPress without stretching the topic let’s hop on to the instructions for changing a username.
Username Changer Plugin
Username changer allows you to change the username of any user-created in your WordPress blog without any sort of editing within the code.
- Download and install the plugin
- Go to User > Username Changer from the left sidebar
- Select the user from the drop down
- Change the name of the user and Click “Save Changes”.
Create a New User
If you wish to have your problem resolved quickly without making much efforts then probably this is the only way you to do it. Create a new user with same rules and the desired name insert in the bio and other details. Once you’ve created the new user delete the old one, transfer all the posts to the new user-created and we’re done. Quick isn’t it?
Changing WordPress Username manually via phpMyAdmin
This is comparatively a bit difficult method of changing the username of a user in WordPress but don’t worry, just follow the simple steps below and you will learn how to do it manually by your own.
- Login to your cPanel > Phpmyadmin under the databases.
- Select your blog’s database from the left sidebar.
- Now click on wp_users. However, if you have changed the prefix of your WordPress from default to something else you may need to find wp_users’s replacement and select that.
- Click on “edit” after which you will be taken to a new screen.
- Locate user_login and change the value of it, this is where you will be able to see the old username.
- Once done click on “Go” and don’t forget to logout of the database.